Learning in the 21st Century
“Mercy makes learning exciting!” – Mercy Student
At Mercy High School, information technology is central to the teaching and learning process and to the way the school operates on a day to day basis.
Mercy provides the following advantages in educational technology:
- Classrooms equipped with Smart Board technology, including some of the newest interactive touch screen teaching devices, made available in May 2010.
- Three computer labs and mobile carts for classroom use.
- School Counseling (Guidance) wing equipped with computer work stations providing students with easy access to college and career resources.
- Online summer classes to fulfill academic requirements and take electives not offered during the school year.
Science classes taught with virtual tools instead of text books.
- Laptops for every faculty member and access to professional development opportunities.
- A Technology Committee, with representatives from administration, faculty, staff, board, parents and community members, that meets regularly to oversee implementation of the Technology Strategy and annual plans.
- Comprehensive academic and acceptable use policies, including regular programs on cyber-safety for both students and parents.
Technology Requirements for the 2017-2018 School Year - Class of 2021 requirements
Calculator Requirements for the 2017 - 2018 School Year - Class of 2021 requirements
Mercy High School’s Blackboard is the web-based software which provides an exciting communication tool for students and parents, including individualized classroom websites for teachers to post homework, upload class notes, and provide links to relevant internet sites. Students and parents have one easy place to find homework assignments, upcoming test dates, class announcements and a class calendar. Web pages for student organizations and athletic teams are also available, including a web-integrated school calendar system. Prospective students and parents, alumnae and others are welcome to explore this exciting communications tool.