Mercy High School provides young women in grades nine through 12 a challenging college preparatory education with a strong foundation of Catholic teachings. Guided by the traditions and values of the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy High School promotes service, confidence, ethical leadership and respect.
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
DEFINITION OF POSITION:
The Administrative Assistant assists Mercy families, administration, faculty and staff.
The Administrative Assistant is accountable to the Executive Assistant to the Principals
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff
Secretarial experience, organizational time and management skills, professional interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task. Proficient in Office 365 and FACT SIS Management System (or similar).
MAIN OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides secretarial assistance to directors, faculty and as needed to administration.
• Manages the front desk.
• Answers and directs office phone calls.
• Prepares and distributes daily written announcements.
• Prepares media boards (café and main office area)
• Shares the responsibility of recording student absenteeism and tardiness.
• Manages the responsibilities regarding student attendance: absentee list, absentee notes, phone calls, late notes and arrivals, early dismissal notes and related phone calls, early dismissal for sports, etc.
• Maintains office and school supplies.
• Communicates information:
o Notifies administrators and guidance counselors of student’s extended illness, accident, death in family, or any special circumstances.
o E-mails appropriate information to faculty.
o Notifies Registrar of student’s change of address/telephone.
• Distributes the daily mail.
• Shreds confidential material as needed.
• Prepares and mails applications, brochures, and packets; assists with school mailings.
• Edits and proofreads documents and mailings.
• Respects the confidential nature of her job.
• Assists the nurse with sick students as needed.
• Maintains the order of the workroom and front office.
• Set-up for school functions, as needed.
Regular hours 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
School Vacations – off
Summer Hours 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (filling in for colleagues on vacation)
Applicants would need availability in August for training. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DEFINITION OF POSITION: The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the physical plant and the grounds of the school.
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE: The Custodian is accountable to the Director of Maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Mechanical skills, maintenance experience, experience in a school setting preferred.
• Coordinates the locking and alarming of the school at the end of the shift, in collaboration with the Director of Maintenance.
• Performs general cleaning and maintenance tasks that support the daily operation of the building and grounds.
• Assists and identifies needs ensuring the safety and condition of the physical plant and grounds.
• Works with outside contractors and supply vendors to ensure the needs of the school are met.
• Performs in-house repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Responsible for the set-up of functions for internal needs and external groups.
• As needed, works with other custodial staff on snow removal.
This is a full-time or part-time, second shift (2pm-10:30pm) position during the school year, yet some occasional flexibility (for example, with snow removal or special events) is required. During the summer and school vacations, the full-time schedule is during the day (7am-3:30pm).
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain and expand the school’s presence on social media.
• Serve as the point person for the submission, editing, and initial input of all internal email content especially weekly school newsletter.
• Format and distribute all external email communications, especially for purposes of admissions and advancement.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of contacts and coordinating data used for communication.
• Assists in writing and prepares press releases.
• Develop stories and features for the school magazine, annual report and any additional publications.
• Manage content for external publications.
• Collaborate with the school leaders to create and communicate marketing messages, including Development, Admission and Athletics.
• Work with the President to create annual goals and objectives for the school-wide marketing and communications strategy.
• Establish strong partnerships with faculty, staff, students, parents and support organizations to advance the mission of the school.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least three years’ experience in digital communications, marketing, social media management, public relations, journalism or comparable experience.
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of and experience with marketing platforms (Constant Contact, Canva, etc.) or willingness to learn.
• Experience in social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.) as well as social media scheduling tools and photography.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to multitask.
• Diplomatic skills allowing effective work with a variety of situations and people to accomplish tasks.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform responsibilities in a professional manner and to effectively represent the school in the communities we serve.
• Evening and/or weekend work will be required for meetings and events.
Potential candidates are asked to send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Communications Associate
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Work Year: 12 Months
The Athletic Trainer is accountable to the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Athletic Training; ATC (BOC) Certification and Professional CT Licensure in Good Standing; Maintain Professional Rescuer CPR/AED Certification
• Establish daily hours of operation for the athletic training room as indicated by the Athletic Director
• Provide injury assessment, treatment, and preventative taping & wrapping before sports practices during after school hours
• Provide medical coverage and injury treatment during practices
• Devise individual injury management and rehabilitation plans as needed for each athlete, and determine appropriate return to play
• Determine proper referrals to other medical professionals as needed
• EMTs, orthopedic or primary care physicians, chiropractors, physical therapists
• Provide medical coverage at all home athletic events identified by the Athletic Director
• Includes some weekend and holiday coverage, as well as traveling to tournament games
• Provide acute injury assessment and treatment of both home and visiting team athletes
• Establish a working relationship with the designated School Physician and update/sign the school’s Standing Orders annually
• Execute athletic training services independently and comply with all policies regarding health care delivery as outlined on the school’s Standing Orders
• Establish a working relationship with the coaches and the school nurse
• Communicate regularly regarding the welfare of the student-athletes and proper return to play following an injury
• Update the school’s Emergency Action Plan annually and communicate policies and procedures with the coaches and administration
• Ensure proper emergency equipment is available at all games and practices
• Establish pre-season management
• Prepare medical travel kits
• Set up sport registrations online
• Organize impact testing
• Hold preseason meetings with the coaches and teams to discuss concussion education and injury expectations
• Ensure physical clearance for each athlete
• Maintain adequate medical records on all injuries and rehabilitation procedures
• Establish and maintain an annual budget for athletic training supplies/equipment
• Oversee an Athletic Training Aide program for Mercy students interested in a medical career
• Establish and oversee proper management of duties for the students to carry out in the athletic training room
• Support the Mercy Athletics social media accounts by taking photos and providing context of the attended athletic events
Full time during the Academic Year
Interested candidates should send the following to the attention of Mrs. Maria Bergan at firstname.lastname@example.org: resume, cover letter, transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
Head Swim Coach
Assistant Swim Coach
Head Volleyball Coach
Assistant Volleyball Coach
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Athletic Director Tim Kohs at: email@example.com