Mercy High School provides young women in grades nine through 12 a challenging college preparatory education with a strong foundation of Catholic teachings. Guided by the traditions and values of the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy High School promotes service, confidence, ethical leadership and respect.
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE: The Custodian/Custodian Supervisor is accountable to the Director of Maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Mechanical skills, maintenance experience, experience in a school setting preferred.
• Oversees tasks of custodians during second shift.
• Coordinates the locking and alarming of the school at the end of the shift, in collaboration with the Director of Maintenance.
• Performs general cleaning and maintenance tasks that support the daily operation of the building and grounds.
• Assists and identifies needs ensuring the safety and condition of the physical plant and grounds.
• Works with outside contractors and supply vendors to ensure the needs of the school are met.
• Performs in-house repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Responsible for the set-up of functions for internal needs and external groups.
• As needed, works with other custodial staff on snow removal.
This is a full-time second shift (2 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.) position during the school year, yet some occasional flexibility (for example, with snow removal or special events) is required. During the summer and school vacations, the full-time schedule is during the day (7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2023.
The Athletic Trainer is accountable to the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Athletic Training; ATC (BOC) Certification and Professional CT Licensure in Good Standing; Maintain Professional Rescuer CPR/AED Certification
• Establish daily hours of operation for the athletic training room as indicated by the Athletic Director
• Provide injury assessment, treatment, and preventative taping & wrapping before sports practices during after school hours
• Provide medical coverage and injury treatment during practices
• Devise individual injury management and rehabilitation plans as needed for each athlete, and determine appropriate return to play
• Determine proper referrals to other medical professionals as needed
• EMTs, orthopedic or primary care physicians, chiropractors, physical therapists
• Provide medical coverage at all home athletic events identified by the Athletic Director
• Includes some weekend and holiday coverage, as well as traveling to tournament games
• Provide acute injury assessment and treatment of both home and visiting team athletes
• Establish a working relationship with the designated School Physician and update/sign the school’s Standing Orders annually
• Execute athletic training services independently and comply with all policies regarding health care delivery as outlined on the school’s Standing Orders
• Establish a working relationship with the coaches and the school nurse
• Communicate regularly regarding the welfare of the student-athletes and proper return to play following an injury
• Update the school’s Emergency Action Plan annually and communicate policies and procedures with the coaches and administration
• Ensure proper emergency equipment is available at all games and practices
• Establish pre-season management
• Prepare medical travel kits
• Set up sport registrations online
• Organize impact testing
• Hold preseason meetings with the coaches and teams to discuss concussion education and injury expectations
• Ensure physical clearance for each athlete
• Maintain adequate medical records on all injuries and rehabilitation procedures
• Establish and maintain an annual budget for athletic training supplies/equipment
• Oversee an Athletic Training Aide program for Mercy students interested in a medical career
• Establish and oversee proper management of duties for the students to carry out in the athletic training room
• Support the Mercy Athletics social media accounts by taking photos and providing context of the attended athletic events
Full time during the Academic Year
Interested candidates should send the following to the attention of Mrs. Maria Bergan at email@example.com: resume, cover letter, transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
Assistant Cross Country Coach (fall season)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Athletic Director Tim Kohs at: firstname.lastname@example.org