Entrance Exam for the Class of 2023
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Saturday, November 17, 2018
- 8:00 - 11:15 a.m.
Details for the day of the test:
- Check in at the lobby; doors will open at 7:30 a.m.
- Testing will begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Mercy will provide #2 pencils.
- Calculators are not allowed.
- Students may bring a snack or beverage to consume during breaks.
- Testing Fee: $30 payable at the door in cash or a check made out to "Mercy High School".
Families may stay on campus during the testing period for coffee & pastry hosted by the Home & School Association. Students, parents and members of the administration will be available to answer questions. Mercy Ambassadors will lead campus tours following testing.
Please Note: Mercy accommodates requests for extended time for students who qualify.
Preparation for the test:
Students who feel the need to prepare for this test may consider using a study guide. Study guides are available from bookstores, online, or through local libraries. Use the HSPT portion of the study guide (not the COOP or TACHS). Mercy does not advocate for, or against, the use of study guides.
Students who take the test at Mercy High School in November, with complete applications to Mercy (includes online application, records from current school, teacher recommendations and completion of the Entrance Exam), are eligible for Academic Scholarships based on test results. Scholarship award recipients will be notified in December.